Monday, January 8, 2007

Loving Leadership Lincoln!!

(Posted by Paula)

I LOVE My Leadership Class!


When Michael and I married in 2005, he told me upon moving to Fayetteville that one of the best things I could do to learn about the community was get involved with Leadership Lincoln. I'd been through leadership programs before in Kentucky (Harlan County Leadership United and East Kentucky Leadership), so I knew how much time would be involved, and I worried about finding the time to do it with my job at Sewanee and the Bed and Breakfast. When the time came for me to send in the application, I was still uncertain about the time constraints it would place on us, but I was willing to try based on Michael's and my mother-in-law Suzanne's recommendations. I jumped in with both feet, and I have to say that it was the best thing I've done since moving to Fayetteville!

I came away from the weekend orientation retreat excited about the class days to come, but nothing quite prepared me for the amazing time I had at the first session...Agriculture Day. As I told Dr. Beasley, an amazing man who oversaw the day, I wish it could be "Agriculture Week!" I was astounded by what goes on in Lincoln County in the field of agriculture. And each class day since then has provided me with a wealth of information and insight into my new community. Needless to say, I am very impressed with Lincoln County and Fayetteville!

Furthermore, I have met some amazing people through this process. My class members hold jobs and positions in the community that run the gamut, and each of them has qualities that I so admire. The individuals who have instructed the classes have been so well prepared and informative!

I feel so fortunate to be a member of the 2007 Class of Leadership Lincoln. It has been one of the most beneficial and fun programs in which I've been involved, and it highlights a place and its people that have endeared themselves to me in such a short time. I am so happy and proud to call Fayetteville and Lincoln County my new home.

If you would like to know more about Leadership Lincoln, or if you would like to make a donation to our class project (renovating the Ninth Grade Academy Football Field), please go to our website at: www.leadershiplincolntn.com/07/

Thanks so much!!

No comments: