Monday, April 6, 2009

40th Birthday - 80'S STYLE!!!!

Dear Husband turns 40 over Easter weekend, so this past Saturday, we celebrated this milestone with a birthday party with family and friends. We traveled back to the 80's, and it was a blast! The costumes were terrific...and some even surprising! But it was all in great fun, and we had so many laughs!! I fogot how long it took to get ready in the 80's applying all that makeup and teasing up all that hair! 80's fashion was a lot of work!!!

Travel back to the 80's with us for a moment...it's worth the trip!!

DH contemplating turning 40 years old!!
Making a wish
(Could it be for a new pair of parachute pants?!?!)

DH and me. He's stone cold sober, I swear!
Marla and Cecilia, two hot 80's chicks!
Beth and Sherry. Check out Sherry's shirt! Yes, that really is Mr. T!!
Cutie Vera (does she have this 80's fashion down, or what?!?!) and Johnny
Rick and Cindy. Check out Ricky's shoes: circa 1984 Stacey Adams!
Duran Duran Groupie, Connie
S.R. Butler High Girls: Connie, Vera, Cecilia, Laura, and Marla with the Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill...did you know they still make it?!?!
80's Frat Boy, Steve (check out the paddle and the "portable cooler), and 80's Brett Michaels wannabe, Matt!
Matt, you don't know how funny this is!!!! I had to look twice when you came in the door! Classic!
Steve and his pony.
Vickie (Madonna) and Dorothy (see her awesome, circa 1985 lace glove?!)
Cindy rocking the shades and the head band!
Jeff in his prom suit.
Marla and Cecilia
Lindsey in his authentic 1980's Ray Bans
Scott, ready for some Risky Business?
Charles and Doris, DH's God Parents. Isn't Doris' outfit adorable?!?
DH with his mother, Suzanne
Leah and Jeff
Cheryl and Justin
Rick and Cindy
Jeff watching karaoke
Sherry
Dana, Mike and Genny (with her 1980's Nascar jacket!!)
Vickie...err....Madonna looking good!
Dorothy sporting leggings, lace glove and that got-t0-have-it jean jacket!!
Cindy
Charles, Suzanne and Doris laughing at the karaoke performances.
Best High School Buddies, Rick and my DH
Dorothy and Madonna sing karaoke. Those nurses sure know how to have fun!!!
Rick
Paula sporting the fingerless gloves (aka gardening gloves that I took the scissors t0!)
Cindy and DH
Beth
Dorothy wowing us with her singing!
Thanks to everyone who came and made DH's 40th so special! We had a great time!!!!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Paula these photos are PRICELESS!! Ahhh, the Eighties. I miss them:) Tell Vicki she makes a rockin' Madonna! LOL!!! And hug your Birthday Boy for me! Love, Jamie

Unknown said...

What a great party. I loved seeing all of the costumes. Hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday.

Karen

a quiet life said...

wow it looks like you had a ball! fun fun pics, loads of smile~

Mrs. E said...

Dearest Paula,
It looks and sounds like
you had a blast!! :)
How wonderful...
I smiled big when I saw the karaoke!! When anyone has a karaoke at a party I always get super excited!!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting the other day, I feel very blessed to know you!

Love,
Miss Jen

The Victorian Parlor said...

This post brings back memories!!! Oh my gosh-the Madonna outfit is a hoot! I so remember all of those styles (probably because I was wearing them:). Ah yes, Ray Ban sunglasses, leggings, long T-shirts off the shoulder, and lest we forget the ever famous fingerless glove-lol! This is too much fun-I can hear Madonna's hit 'Material Girl' running through my mind. Thanks for the flashback! It looks like you all had a great time! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Selia's Art said...

Dear Paula,
Thanks for the 80's flashback! It looks like you all had a wonderful time! I am so enjoying reading through your blog and playing catch up! I feel like I have been gone for so long!
Blessings and Happy Belated Birthday to your DH!
Selia

The Rustic Victorian said...

Happy Birthday to Michael. What fun you all had, good photos!
Marcie

Anonymous said...

Hello Paula, You dont know me nor do I know you. I somehow just stumbled onto your page here and it brought tears to my eyes. I was so moved by your page and your friends and the love that just radiates from the photos. You must have a wonderful life, friends and fun times with your special love, was his name Michael?.... I just wanted to say "thankyou" for posting these photos of this special day here for all to see. One rather lonely stranger stumbled onto your posting and was moved to tears by the simple beauty of it all. The music, the background, the photos, the captions, it all just truly warmed my heart....and I really needed that so thank you.....and God Bless.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Great pictures! I graduated with Michael and wish I could have been there!

Found your blog through Melanie Newby.

Jennifer (Amidon) Wilson

Paula said...

Anonymous,

You've made my day with your sweet, heart-felt comments. Thank you so much. I love keeping a blog, and if anyone gets any joy out of it, that makes it even more special to me. I hope you'll come back and visit again!

All good wishes to you,
Paula

Simply said...

Those pictures are great! brought back so many memories

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see homely people try to look cool.