Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Images of Snowfall

What a great amount of respect I have for the trees that carry such a heavy burden. Ice, then snow...and they still stand majestic.



More scenes of a snowy Sewanee. I am beginning to think we may never see the green of the grass again!




















I tried without success to make a snowman. The snow is too dry. I find that quite ironic and mildly amusing considering the amount of rainfall we have had in the last few months.

The beauty of this place never ceases to amaze me.

Hope you are staying warm!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, Paula, I want to come to Sewanee sometime! It looks so beautiful...just like someplace out of a novel.
It's funny when I read that you are wondering if we will ever see grass again..several of us at the dental office were saying the same thing!
I love these photos...I'll have to spend some time to study them.

Mrs. E said...

Simply stunning!!!! :)
What a glorious winter
wonderland.... savor and enjoy!

Lots of Love~ Miss Jen

a quiet life said...

i think its gorgeous... the dogwood and icicles really grab me! i know you are sad i have spring, but i love the winter down time you have to read~ opps you at FACEBOOK! step away from the computer...

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Wow! Gorgeous pics. The white house in the pics...is that it? Is that your house? Again, WOW!