Friday, March 27, 2009

The Weekend

Ah, the weekend is almost here. I love weekends, although I often end up doing more physically demanding work at home on the weekends than I do anytime at my job at the University. But there's something about being home that gives me such joy...even if I am toiling over floors or the kitchen sink or our latest home improvement project.

This weekend, I would love to spend the hours ....
Because there's absolutely nothing like a good...

But instead, I know that I will be doing a little...


and a lot of...


and perhaps ...


And if the weather clears up, I might even get in a little...And it's a good thing I have a long weekend, because after all of that, I will probably just want to spend Monday...
Have a happy and prosperous weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

The Victorian Parlor said...

Great post! It brought a smile to my face (after a very long but fulfilling day). I normally look forward to restful weekends although this one will be rather busy. I hope that you have a very happy weekend and I hope you have a little time to get in some rest and reading:)

Mrs. E said...

Awww....
what a great post!! :)
It gave me the giggles!!!
All of the words and paintings were just delightful, bless you dear friend! :)

Love Always,
Miss Jen

Janet said...

This is a great post. Love the old pictures. Hope you got a lot done! I didn't. Except the taxes. Finally.

a quiet life said...

very cute~

lorhen82 said...

I love all the images you posted. I should be doing some housework too, but I seem to be glued to my computer!

I just recently bought a volume of Byron's works, but it's nowhere near as beautiful as your copy! That's gorgeous!!!

Have a great weekend! ~Lori