Monday, March 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book - March 9, 2009


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...
Sunshine and daffodils! The weekend's warmer weather and sunny skies have brought the world outside my window alive! I saw red buds and pear trees blooming on my way to work this morning. It's lovely!

I AM THINKING...
That I wish I was home working in the garden!

I AM THANKFUL...
that our floor refinishing project is FINISHED! I'm thrilled with the way the floors turned out, and I am so thankful that soon our house will be back to normal. No more bedroom furniture in the dining room!!

FROM THE KITCHEN...
Kitchen?!?! I didn't even THINK about the kitchen this morning. After a weekend of painting, caulking, nailing and finishing, I think I'm due a dinner out tonight. And...actually, we didn't get to the market over the weekend, as we were so busy with the floors. Tonight will be grocery shopping night for us!

I AM WEARING...
Black pin-striped pants, black silk top, and black mules with a cute heel. Wow, I love shoes.

I AM CREATING...
I am actually REcreating our bedroom this week. We'll start moving everything back into the room, and I can't wait to see how it looks!

I AM READING...
Traditional Home magazine and Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens.

I AM HOPING...
that the weather stays beautiful all week and I can get some work done in our yard and gardens.
I AM HEARING...
Vivaldi's Spring from the Four Seasons Concerto for Violin. How appropriate this morning!!

AROUND THE HOUSE...
The grounds are waking up from a long, winter's rest.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
My new old hardwood floors, of course!!!

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...
A couple of doctors appointments, gardening if possible, and our room back in order.

PICTURE THOUGHT...
Welcome Spring!

6 comments:

The Victorian Parlor said...

I just love reading your day book entries-it's always so uplifting. The weather here today was in the 80's so spring is close at hand:) I'm ready for blooming flowers and sun filled days.

Julie said...

I'm anxious to see pictures of the new floor & bedroom re-do!
Ahhh daffodils :) My favorite sign of spring.

Paula said...

I can't wait for my daffodils...

Monica said...

I just happened upon your blog. I read your interests on your profile page. You are a KY fan living in TN?!?! That's unheard of. LOL

Nice blog you have here. I am going to subscribe so I can come back. :)

Mrs. E said...

Lovely musings, dear friend! Hope you had a delightful Monday.

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Paula,
I am finally catching up with you here. Love this bud! Good shot.