Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mommyhood

I am ashamed at how neglected my blog has become over the last few months.  While I have missed blogging desperately and thought of it often, I have had a good excuse for being MIA in Blogdom.  I thought I would post a few photographs of the number one reason why I had to take a hiatus from blogging for a few months.  I promise...it's a good one!  :-)

My precious son vs. The Carrots. Guess who won?

Sweet son with his brother, Max. 

First trip to the park. Guess who's a fan of the swings?

Celebrating a milestone birthday!  My baby turned 1!

First vacation:  Headed to Florida to visit his great-grandparents and other family members!


Our Sweet Boy was baptised, and afterward, he played in the Holy Water.

And then he drank it.

Playing in the toy box...uh huh....IN the toy box.

And climbing OUT of the toy box (and back IN and back OUT and back IN...)

Showing off his sweet side.  Not!  :-) 

Developing a keen interest in remote controls...just like Daddy.

And capturing his Mommy's heart with that sweet smile.

My Angel
 It's been a busy, busy, busy few months!  And it's STILL busy, but we're managing to get the hang of this parenting thing. Finally.  We have even been able to develop a schedule of sorts that allows us a little "us" time to do the things that we need to do.  Some things that are necessary to live.  Some things that are necessary for our sanity.  My blog falls in the latter category.  :-)  Yea, me time!  When the baby drifts off to sleep, I plan to sneak downstairs to blog a bit.  It may not be every day...but it will at least be once a week!  :-)

Mommyhood is WONDERFUL...but WOW!  I feel as though I am chasing my tail half the time...running in circles, trying to keep my head above the tidal wave of tasks and responsibilities to keep from drowning in them.  Actually, I'm loving every minute of being a Mommy.  And after a year and three months of it, I know why so many Mommies told me so many months ago, "Dont' forget to make a little time for yourself."  They were so right.  That time may come at 9:00 at night after the baby has fallen asleep...but it WILL come. 

How do you other Mommies manage to keep up with all those activities associated with being a mommy and still carve out a little times for yourselves?  If there are any great secrets, I sure wish someone would share them with me. 

Blissfully happy (albeit a little tired),

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeee!!! Don't know which to scream with excitement about first--hearing from you or that gorgeous baby face. Paula, he is getting more and more beautiful with each passing moment. Sigh...I can almost cry remembering mine. LOVE that picture playing with the holy water. PERFECTION!!!

I've missed you but I have not stopped praying for you and thinking about you. God taps me on the shoulder, you know. That's why I still have you on my blogroll. ;)

If you have time, stop by this Thursday-Sunday (link goes up tomorrow evening) when I'll be hosting a White Christmas in July blog party. Would love to see you share some of your 1st Christmas pics. But don't worry about not blogging. Looks to me like your priorities are right where they should be. Enjoy this precious time, my friend.

Love ya lots!!!!
Muah!