Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wishes

I wish spring lasted longer.
I wish I had not grown up so fast.
I wish there were no such things as aphids.
I wish it wasn't considered childish to wade in mud puddles barefooted.
I wish my cats didn't like to chase squirrels.
I wish my parents could live closer to me.
I wish I was better at boiling eggs.
I wish white shirts never stained.
I wish my Grandmother could live forever.
I wish I could read 50 books a day and remember them all.
I wish I could travel the world and never get tired.
I wish I had a best girl friend.
I wish I was better at math.
I wish I didn't have a tendency to bite my nails.
I wish I had a hammock in the back yard again.
I wish I knew what the dogs were thinking when they look at me "that way."
I wish I could find a four leaf clover just once.
I wish I had another day to talk to my great grandmother.
I wish I could bury my feet in the sand on the beach right now.
I wish I could look at the sun with my eyes open and it didn't hurt.
I wish I had kept in better touch with old friends.
I wish I had seen Haley's Comet when I had the chance.
I wish I could look at life through the eyes of a child again.
I wish life was not so sort.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

These are wonderful Wishes Paula. I love your list and all the beautiful images that it invokes. Thank you so much for your sweet visits to Art-e-ology. Love, Jamie

The Victorian Parlor said...

Beautiful words:)

Blessings,

Kim

Mrs. E said...

Awww.... ;)
Hope you had a fabulous day, Paula!
I've missed you!!!!

Love & Hugs,
Miss Jen

Karen said...

Love this.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Such beautiful words! Thank you for sharing them!

Andrea said...

I love your wish list, and I love your blog. Your home is absolutely beautiful, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Many blessings,

Andrea

Tillybud said...

I even love the word 'wish'. I've come over all wistful agin......