Monday, March 19, 2007

An Evening to Remember...

(Posted by Paula)

Well, Harry, Harry, Harry...what can I say? The man didn't disappoint. We attended the Harry Connick, Jr. Concert in Huntsville with friends, Missy and Kevin, and my parents, and we all were impressed with show!! It was definitely one of the best concerts I've ever attended, and Michael (who has seen Harry in concert about five times) said that this was the best concert he's seen Harry do. It was a great night! My seat was wonderful, and he was so close that I didn't even have to use my little opera glasses that I took. The band was amazing and so close that the sound nearly blew me away. The most amazing musician of the night, in my opinion, was Lucian Barber, who nearly ran away with the show!

If you've read my earlier blogs, you know that I bought Michael a ticket that was sixteen seats away from me on the front row. Well, the two girls who were sitting beside me left and went to the orchestra pit section (illegally, of course), so that freed up the two seats beside me, and about halfway through the concert, Michael was actually able to sit beside me! What a relief! Of course, that signified to Harry that I was taken.

One of the highlights of the evening was that Kevin caught a strand of beads that Harry threw out into the audience, and he was kind enough to give them to me! (BIG HUGE HARRY THANKS TO KEVIN!!!) I guess they didn't go with his outfit, so he didn't mind giving them away. *smile* I told Michael that I want to be buried in my Harry beads...and I wore them the rest of the night. They are now preserved, along with my ticket and my illegal Harry pictures from my cell phone (that I'm not going to sell or otherwise distribute in any way) in my personal archives with my most cherished possessions and memorabilia!!

Ah, Harry, my Harry. *sigh*

No comments: