Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wire Baskets: My latest fetish




You know, I am thankful that I can admit when I have a problem.  I am not sure that it helps the situation, but at least I CAN admit it.  My latest problem is:  I CAN'T STOP BUYING ANTIQUE (or antique-looking) WIRE BASKETS!!  I love them. I love the way they look.  I love the way I can store things in them...pretty things or useful things.  Things. I love things, too.  So it is important that I can store them in something fabulous. I adore the two above from The Pottery Barn.  They're the perfect size for the kitchen.

My most recent purchase of wire baskets were the two great looking ones from One Kings Lane.  They are treasures, and I use one of the larger ones on the kitchen cabinet to hold all of my cutting boards - it works perfectly. 


From Hudson Goods (hudsongoods.com)

I also recently purchased an antique, German apple picking basket.  It's in my husband's bathroom, and I use it to store his towels.  I roll the towels, and it's actually a pretty way to display something needful. 

Another one of my favorites is in our family room holding all of my magazines.  And I have others.  I am just waiting to try to decide what I can use them to hold or display.

And there will be more.  In fact, I just can't seem to help myself when I see one for sale.  I have found a terrific place for finding old wire baskets and other special vintage finds.  If you have a fetish like me, I promise you it will be well worth your time to visit Hudson Goods.  Be impressed.  This is a wonderful place!

Would love to hear about how others use their fantastic wire baskets! 

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild said...

OK. I have to show you the wire rooster that I picked up last year for Easter. It is to die for...
I'll post it on the blog in the next few days...

::

I am actually coming to your site re. the FOLLOWER linky blog hop, and am following you ! :-) Will you follow me back?? Thank you so much when you do.

PLUS: There is also a party on our blog, where you can feature 'your best creative work'. There are some great projects to see already, but we want to see your work!

Anyhow, use this link both to FOLLOW and to PARTY:
http://www.FineCraftGuild.com/party/

Hope to seeing you around!!
Have a happy, creative day!

Unknown said...

Hi Paula - I love wire baskets too (I only have one, though). I love your blog . . . following via Linky followers party!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh...I love wire baskets! Visiting from the Linky Party Hop!! I hope you’ll visit – www.LaughterandGrace.com – and follow back.

Emily said...

Wire baskets have so much character, especially if you know the history of a really old one! I'd love to find several for storage in my pantry.

I'm stopping by from the LinkyFollower party. I hope you'll visit and follow me back!

Angie @ Beneath the Magnolias said...

I love wire baskets too! Isn't King's Lane great? They have so much great stuff. I look forward to vising your blog for more inspiration!

I am following through Linky Followers. Hope you will visit and follow back. Thanks!

Kim said...

I want more and more pics of your kitchen, Paula...now that it is done and the wire baskets are in!

c.w.frosting said...

Not a bad fetish to have. Great baskets! Visiting & following from the LF hop!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting